Monday, March 19, 2007

Tangled up in blue

That sea of stockinette to the left is part of LeaEllen's Glee sweater, which was finished last week and should be arriving in Seattle today.

It was completed in KnitPicks Main Line, which they tout as "a dressy Pima cotton blend great for spring through early fall." Initially, the yarn felt rough and unyielding on the needles and chafed my fingers a bit, but as I worked with it, it got softer, and I'm very pleased overall with the uniformity of the stitches. The finished sweater is very comfy, but not too warm. It should be great for early spring.
Pattern: Zephyr Style Glee

Yarn: KnitPicks Main Line, just over 6 skeins

Needles: US 6 Crystal Palace circs, 16" and 29"

Modifications: I added about an inch to each sleeve, and about three inches of length to the body.


Oh, and yes, it has occurred to me that I need to move beyond the blue/green color palette...witness the latest yarn acquisitions, with Scotty the spokesmodel:

He's just waiting for that call from Rowan to appear in their next magazine...

No comments: