Monday, August 6, 2007

I Haz Becom Sok Nittur?

Somebody stop me, I'm out of control!

For an avowed non-sock knitter, I've been working on a proportionately large number of sock projects (three) compared to non-sock projects (zero, at the moment.)



Zee sock info
Pattern:Classy Slip-Ups from Knit Socks!

Yarn: ShibuiKnits Sock "Midn
ight"
(NB: This yarn is made right here in Little Beirut!)

Made for: Scott
This is gorgeously, seriously sproingy, soft stuff! I'll definitely be stocking up on this stuff at the local purveyor of all things Shibui, Knit Purl. There, they don't look funny if you fondle skeins and gasp at the beauty of so many edible colorways. Well, they might stare a little bit...







Pattern: Aran Braid Socks
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in "Devon"
Made for: Devon. Duh!

Now, I'd like to say that the pattern of the yarn resembles the roiling waves that crash upon the southwest coast of England, where Marianne Dashwood pined for Willoughby before she realized Colonel Brandon was the way to go. Oh, and where Clotted Cream (yum yum) allegedly originated. But really, I just bought it because it has the same name as a dear, dear friend.


What will it be next? Well, I am glad you asked. I'm halfway done with a pair of 4X4 rib socks for Ariel, in Tuscany, another colorway that is good enough to eat, much like Ariel, I am told!

2 comments:

D. said...

I love these socks, clotted cream,and you!

Emily said...

Whoa, dude. You are making me feel like a selfish, selfish knitter. You are making socks for your LADYFRIENDS??? Holy crap. Now I go to hang my head in shame.

PS - And re-read Sense & Sensibility. Man I love that novel.