Thursday, February 15, 2007

Celestial of Green Gables

Hidee ho there, neighbor! Hope you survived V-Day! Needless to say, I haven't gotten any knitting done in the past two days, what with it being our first anniversary on Tuesday and then the dreaded Valentine's Day on Wednesday.

BUT, my glorious Green Gable in Rowan Calmer is nearly done. Oh, Rowan Calmer, how do I love thee? (OK, not as much as Elizabeth Barrett Browning's poem suggests, that would just be wrong.) By the way, please read Emily's fantastic analysis of that oft-misrepresented poem! I love me some poetry, but I am also turning into a lazy old ex-English major, so I love it even more when someone astutely dissects poetry for me so thoroughly. You probably heard me exclaiming "Yes!" and "Exactly!" and "So true!" and "Emily Johnson, you are brilliant!" as I read it.

Anyway, as you can probably tell, I've made a few modifications to the pattern, namely in the length of the body, since I have what is known as a long torso, and in the length of the sleeves, because cap sleeves + broad shoulders = linebacker. She is blissfully being blocked on my oh-so-professional blocking board (see above). Given Calmer's surprising ability to suck up moisture (seriously, if it weren't so darn expensive, I'd knit it into a super-absorbancy travel towel!), I suspect she'll be pret-a-porter...sometime next week!

All in all, this was a fun, relaxing knit. Oh, and the fact that there was no seaming required makes me a happy little knitter! Up next, I will be gleefully tackling the rest of my knitting queue:
  • Odessa, designed by Grumperina (whose knitting blog I read on an almost-daily basis) with the leftover Rowan Calmer in Joy, a color they have discontinued.
  • A Green Gable for LeaEllen, in KnitPicks Main Line
  • Some sweater thing for Scott, who is bemoaning his lack of new sweater. Because it's been, oh, two months since I last knit him a sweater.
  • And finally, languishing in the back, the long-suffering lace scarf in Madil Kid Seta #462

2 comments:

Emily said...

Awww, I'm glad you liked my Browning rant. Your Green Gables looks delightful; if I'd known there was a sweater named that, I probably would have had to knit it just for nostalgia's sake. :)

Oh, by the way, our weblog has an apostrophe after the we: http://www.urbanhonking.com/we', which is why your links are being uppity.

Happy knitting!

Celeste M. said...

D'oh! That's right. I knew it was slash we apostrophe! It should work now...